Through your Click & Pledge administrative system, you can customize your receipts by adding receipt numbers and/or a signature to the receipts that are automatically emailed out to your patrons. This will allow for more personalization of receipts as well as additional tracking and reporting of transactions.
Once enabled, numbers will be added in serial at the top of the receipt.
- Select a separator between fields (- or /)
- Add an alpha-numeric prefix
- Add the transaction date and select a date format from a list
- Enter a 'seed' or start number
- Select the increment for your numbering series
- Edit these fields. This will allow you to reset your numbering system or make other changes when needed.
Signatures will appear at the bottom of a receipt. A text box is provided for a simple text signature or you can customize with HTML code. An image can be added using HTML if the image is hosted on your own server.
To create/edit Receipt Numbers or Receipt Signature:
- Login to Click & Pledge administrative system
- Click on 'Account Info' to call up 'Profile' section
- Click on 'Receipt' tab
- Under Receipt tab select 'Receipt Number' and/or 'Signature'
- Fill out form as prompted and enter 'Submit'
The Signature Area is a good area to post information concerning taxable charitable donations. We have provided some sample text below for 501c3 U.S. based nonprofits:
- Charitable contribution is the portion of your donation or purchase that may be tax deductible.
- Your contribution is tax deductible to the extent allowed by governing laws.
- Donors within the United States of America should check with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) publication 526 and publication 1771 and/or their tax advisor for further details.
- Donors outside of the United States of America should review local laws and regulations for details.
- All charges are made in US dollars. All exchange rates are set by the issuing card company and/or bank.