If your organization is participating in a Giving Day or otherwise using Click & Pledge’s GiveBig Platform, you can accept donations through the Swiper1 App on your smart phone and have them automatically added to your organization’s profile page and donation totals.
To do this you will need to:
- Identify your Give Big platform’s Campaign name
- Add the Give Big Campaign name to your Swiper1 settings
- Run the Transaction
Best Practice: We recommend that you do a small test donation, like $1, long before your Giving Day to make sure you have everything set up properly.
Step by Step in Slides
Step by Step Instructions
Prerequisite: You must install the free Swiper1 App on your mobile device. It is available on Google Play (Android) and App Store (iPhone). For more information click here.
- Identify your Give Big Campaign Name. You can find your campaign name in the URL of your Give Big website. It is the text that is between the c/ and the next /. So in the example below, the campaign is GB.
- Add Give Big Campaign Name to Your Swiper1 Settings
- Login to Swiper1 with your email, password and Click & Pledge account number.
- Click on menu at bottom (three stacked horizontal lines in corner)
- Click on Settings
- Click on Additional Options
- Click on General Settings
- Scroll down to Give Big Campaign URL Alias and enter (or paste) in field
- Click Save Changes
- Click on arrows to go back to Home
- Complete a Transaction
- Click New Transaction
- Item Name: Enter ‘Donation’
- Tip: To add default text like ‘Donation’ go to Settings>Additional Options>Cash Register Default. Then enter ‘donation’ to item name and click Save Changes button.
- Unit Price: Enter donation amount
- Quantity: For a donation, leave Quantity as 1
- Click Add button. This will add donation to shopping cart.
- Click Continue
- Either manually enter donor and credit card information or click Start Swiper button if you have Swiper1 device to swipe a credit card.*
- Confirm donation by clicking OK button
- When transaction processes you will see a Transaction Status as “Authorized”
* You do not need to purchase the Swiper1 device to use the Swiper1 app for processing. But to speed processing, you may wish to purchase a devise if you plan to accept numerous transactions on your Giving Day. Whether credit card information is entered manually or through swiping a card, processing fees will remain the same. For information on ordering the Swiper1 device click here.